TheFirmware EPROM Images
bothering to blow a TF EPROM and trying to use WinPack in TF host mode.
Please note the following:-
- If your PC doesn't have a 16550
(buffered) UART on the COM port that you are using for WinPack,
don't bother trying! TF requires continuous communication between
the PC and the TNC, without a 16550 it is unlikely to work satisfactorily
- Even if you have a 16550, if you
are still running Win31, then the buffer won't be used unless you have
replaced the Windows COMM.DRV with a third-party driver. CYBERCOM.DRV is
one example of a driver which supports 16550s.
- If you are running Windows For
Workgroups, you must explicitly enable the 16550 buffer by making a suitable
entry in SYSTEM.INI - see SYSTEM.WRI in your Windows directory for more
- Please read the "Host Mode
Support" section of the WinPack help - there is some useful stuff
- I have used the TNC2 version
of TF, I haven't used the PK88 or PK232 versions.
- TheFirmware V2.7b for TNC2 clones
- TheFirmware V2.7 for the PK88
- TheFirmware V2.7 for the PK232
- TheFirmware V2.7 for the PK232MBX
- This is the latest TF documentation that I can find. If you have
anything newer (in English) please let me know.
- Documentation for the PK versions of TF. (This is a supplement to
TF26ENG.TXT, it doesn't replace it.)
To The Main Peak Systems Page